All registration and registration changes (drop/add) are now done through BIONIC during the operating windows set by the Registrar.
Deadlines for Spring 2014:
- Registration: Monday, November 4 through Friday, November 15
- Drop/Add: Tuesday, January 21, through Wednesday, January 29, 2014
Things to Keep in Mind:
- All students must register through Virtual Bryn Mawr during window the Registrar designates.
- Failure to register on time and online will result in a $25 manual processing fee, charged to your student account.
- You must print your BIONIC registration page and submit it to your department chair or graduate advisor for approval and signature.
- If you have registered for a Unit of Supervised Work (USW) you must also obtain the signature of the faculty member with whom you will be doing the USW. If the USW is being supervised by your chair or graduate advisor, please indicate.
- No registration can be approved until all outstanding balances are cleared.
- Students will be billed for registrations in excess of the number of tuition units awarded as GSAS financial support. Refer to your most recent GSAS award letter.
There are three categories of registration: a course, a unit of supervised work (USW), and continuing enrollment (CE).
NOTE: If a student is not enrolled for a course or a USW in any given semester, then he/she must enroll in CE in order to maintain their student status at Bryn Mawr.
- Courses – Graduate level courses come in several forms, and depend on your specific program. Visit the Tri-Co Course Guide to see what courses are being offered.
- Units of Supervised Work – USWs are for students who are regularly on campus and using laboratory/library facilities, unde the supervision of a faculty member. The work merits credit and evaluation by the faculty member. If you wish to register for a USW you must obtain the signature of the faculty member who will be supervising and evaluating your work.
- Continuing Enrollment – CE is for students working toward a degree, however, without faculty supervision and most often off campus. CE is considered half-time enrollment status. Registration for CE does not carry credit, nor is it evaluated by a faculty member.
Declaration of Full-Time Study
Students who meet the following criteria are eligible to complete and submit the Declaration of Full-Time Study Form , which must be done for each semester.
- You are registered for fewer than two units of graduate work in a semester (e.g. one course, one USW or on CE), and you are doing significant independent study/writing and making measurable progress toward a degree
- Or you are an international student, and for visa reasons this form should be on file independent of your full-time status
- You cannot be considered a full-time student if you are employed and work more than 17.5 hours per week off campus.
- The completed form requires the signature of your department chair or program advisor.
- Submit the signed form to the GSAS office at the same time you submit your signed registration sheet from BIONIC.
Instructions for AB/MA Students
If you are an AB/MA student, please refer to the instructions on the GSAS AB/MA page, as some items are different for you.
Instructions for Taking a Reciprocal Course at the University of Pennsylvania