Our copyright policy is firm:
- Do NOT present more than 15% of the total content of a book or journal issue.
- Canaday Library will assist in obtaining copyright permission when needed.
- Materials will not be placed on reserve for more than one semester in any given year without obtaining the copyright holder's permission.
- All use of materials placed on electronic reserves will be solely at the initiative of faculty and solely for the non-commercial educational usage of students.
- Audio visual materials placed on reserve must be legally acquired in compliance with United States copyright laws. The Library will accept videos and dvds that are owned by the Tri-college libraries or by faculty, students, or other agents of the Colleges. Personal copies will be returned at the end of the course.
Access electronic reserves via Moodle.
The libraries keep required course materials behind the circulation desk for short-term access. Reserve books and dvds circulate to students for 3 hours with 2, 3-hour renewals, and to faculty for 7 days with 2, 7-day renewals.
Canaday reserve requests are accepted via online request form ONLY.
- You may request up to 10 books and 20 videos per course
- Book reserves are for Required Readings Only
- You must research your requests in Tripod before completing this request form. You will be required to provide information from the Tripod records for materials already in the library.
- If the item is at Bryn Mawr, please provide the title, the call number, and the book's location.
- If the item is not at Bryn Mawr, it will be acquired as quickly as possible.
- All items will be kept on reserve until the end of the semester, unless otherwise requested.
Canaday - Personal Copy items
- Please bring your personal books and dvds that you would like your students to have access to the Circulation Desk to be placed on reserve. Library staff will add the materials into Tripod and place them on reserve for you within 48 hours, Monday through Friday. Please indicate your name and the course title on the form. Please also write your name on the item itself.
- The library assumes no responsibility for lost personal copy items.
Carpenter and Collier Reserves
Email a list of desired books and films to Jeremy Blatchley in Carpenter or Terri Freedman in Collier. Note if any of the items are NOT currently held by the Tri-college libraries and need to be purchased.
Requests for Bryn Mawr library videos and DVDs
Personal copies of books and films
1 reserve copy per 20 students
We do not accept
ILL or E-ZBorrow books
Rented or borrowed films
Reserve requests are processed in the order in which they are received, Monday through Friday. Items may be added throughout the semester.
Access print reserves via Tripod.