Room Trade Guidelines
These guidelines apply to students who are interested in trading rooms that were selected at Room Draw.
Refer to Room Draw Calendar for specific dates & times
- In order to try and maintain class quotas, room trade applications SHOULD be made between members of the same class whenever possible. However, Residence Council will give consideration to trades between different classes as long as class quotas within a particular dorm are not heavily skewed and the reason for the trade is in the spirit of the Honor Code and Room Draw guidelines.
- Room trades should be singles for singles, 2 person for 2 person, 3 person for 3 person. Residence Council will consider exceptions to this on a case by case basis when the reason for the trade is in the spirit of the Honor Code and the Room Draw guidelines.
A possible example of a trade that would be considered: a rising sophomore with a low number pulled into a multiple occupancy room with someone she didn’t know because that is all that was left at the end of draw. Her prospective roommate’s friend has now agreed to trade her single with you to live in the multiple occupancy room with her friend.
- Residence Council must approve all room trade applications.
HOW TO APPLY FOR A ROOM TRADE
Residence Council and Residential Life are not responsible for matching people—YOU are responsible for finding someone with whom to trade rooms!
Here is what you need to do in order to make your room trade happen:
- Step 1: Visit
- Step 2: Browse through existing posts. If you want to reply to a post, or to create a new post, follow the instructions for creating an account and becoming an author on the blog.
- Step 3: Keep an eye on your posts and talk to people who are interested in trading with you to make sure that your proposed trade follows all the Room Trade Guidelines.
- Step 4: When you find someone to trade with, submit a Room Trade Application Form by the deadline indicated.
Once you have completed these steps, Residence Council will review your application. If you have additional questions or concerns about your trade, please make an appointment to speak with Angie Sheets, the Director of Residential Life.