Financial Aid Instructions

Returning Students: U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents

Forms Deadlines Instructions

CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE

April 15, 2014

Along with your custodial parent, register your CSS/Financial aid PROFILE using Bryn Mawr College code #2049.
Noncustodial PROFILE

April 15, 2014

If your parents are divorced, separated, or have never been married, your noncustodial parent is required to complete and submit a Noncustodial PROFILE two weeks before the deadline. The Bryn Mawr College code is #2049.
Free Application
for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
April 15, 2014

Complete the online version of the FAFSA  using Bryn Mawr College code #003237. You and a custodial parent must sign your online FAFSA with a Personal Identification Number (PIN).

Bryn Mawr encourages you to use the IRS Data Retrieval Process (IRDT) to simplify federal income tax data verification. Please visit the Student Financial Services website for more information regarding verification.

Report social security numbers and legal names correctly. Without them the U.S. Department of Education cannot process your results.

2013 Parent and Student Tax Returns or Non-Filer Statements April 15, 2014

Full federal income tax returns are required to apply for institutional funds.  When you complete the CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE the College Board will prompt you to submit 2013 federal tax returns or non-tax-filer statements to Bryn Mawr College using their Institutional Documentation Service (IDOC) at no cost to you or your parents. Submit signed photocopies of all 2013 federal (no state) income tax returns, both business and personal, including all W-2 forms, statements, attachments and schedules for both custodial and noncustodial parents, all stepparents and applicant


Students who plan to live off campus (excluding JYA programs) Summer

Please fax or send directly to Student Financial Services a photocopy of your signed off-campus lease with the amount that you will pay for rent and utilities written on the front with a signature and a date. 

If you will commute from home, please so indicate on your financial aid application.

We will use the documentation you provide to calculate your individual cost of attendance.  Please note that we are not able to consider off campus expenses in excess of the amount it costs to live on campus.

Federal Aid Only:  Students that are not interested in applying for need-based Bryn Mawr Grant aid, but would like to take advantage of U.S. Department of Education Federal Student Aid, including Federal Direct Stafford loans, are not required to complete the CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE or the Noncustodial Profile, or provide Noncustodial parent tax and income documentation. Contact Student Financial Services to state this intent at so that we may adjust our expectation of what you must provide before your financial aid application is complete.  See full “Federal Aid Only” application instructions on the “How to Apply” section of the Student Financial Services webpage.

Bryn Mawr Merit Scholarship:  Students that are Bryn Mawr Merit Scholarship recipients do not need to complete a financial aid application to continue their eligibility from year to year.