Financial Aid Eligibility-
Graduate Students

Determination of Eligibility

Eligibility for graduate grants at Bryn Mawr College is determined by your graduate school (see Types of Financial Aid). To be eligible for federal funds, you must be a U.S. citizen, a U.S. national, or a U.S. permanent resident with an I-551 or I-551-C Permanent Resident Card; meet satisfactory academic progress standards; certify that you are not in default on a federal student loan and do not owe a refund; comply with
Selective Service registration. The law suspends eligibility if you are convicted under federal or state law of selling or possessing illegal drugs. Financial need is determined by subtracting your expected family contribution (EFC) from your cost of attendance (COA). This is the maximum amount of need-based financial aid you may receive. The EFC is the amount you (and spouse) are expected to contribute toward educational expenses. The EFC is determined by a U.S. Department of Education formula and is calculated from the information you provide on your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at Factors used in determining the EFC include earned and unearned income, savings and assets, family size, and number of family members attending college. The COA is an estimate of your education expenses for one academic year. It includes tuition and fees, books and supplies, and a living allowance. Other costs included when appropriate.

COA is adjusted to reflect your enrollment status and if you attend for only one semester.

For the 2010-11 school year, a regular graduate student’s estimated COA at 6 units for the year, was:

Cost of Attendance

Arts & Sciences Social Work
Tuition & Fees $32,988 $20,868
Books & Supplies $600 $600
Living Allowance $18,240 $18,240

Note: COA is subject to change

Notification of Eligibility

Financial Aid Award Notifications are sent to eligible students. This notification details the amounts and types of aid offered to you. Your enrollment is verified after the second week of classes. Enrollment that differs from the enrollment listed on the original award notification may require that financial aid awards be adjusted. Adjustments to awards may impact your bill. A revised award notification will be sent to you if adjustments are made to awards, verification results in corrections or if additional aid becomes available.